AND JOHN BLACK PHOTOGRAPHY
KBA is offering a brilliant special for head-shots through John Black Photography.
August 28th and 29th have been added – Chesapeake’s Restaurant from 8am to 4:30pm.
$30 head-shot web file (600px x 900px) in color is available at a drastic discount from the usual $100 KBA discount rate.
$50 for a photoshopped head-shot web sized file in color, to be use on your website, LinkedIn and Social Media.
During your session you will choose your favorite photograph and that photo will be provided to the
KBA for their website and digital Pictorial Register and you will be emailed a copy of your digital color photo.
The new look of a white background is versatile and goes with any marketing material you may want to use it with.
Only 9 days are available BOOK NOW. During July 30th – August 29th.
We have two locations – Downtown Knoxville in the First Tennessee Building and in West Knoxville at Chesapeake’s Restaurant.
If your firm has 10 or more KBA members John Black will be happy to come out to your firm’s office to take portraits. Please call to discuss times available.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact via phone or email.
John@johnblackphotography.com | 865-522-1715
Please scroll below for more information.
Knowing that all of you are tan and rested we are scheduling headshots for the beginning of August. No worries for those that aren’t as rested as they would like to be we are offering photoshop!
We will be photographing KBA member headshots at The First Tennessee Building on the first floor in the food court area. To the right of the hot dog stand in an overflow room. Please follow the signs.
Monday, July 30th – 8-5pm
Wednesday, August 1st – 8-5pm
Thursday, August 2nd -8-5pm
Tuesday, August 7th – 8-5pm
Friday, August 10th – 8-5pm
Wednesday, August 15th – 8-5pm
Parking is below the building or on the street.
Book Your Headshot for The First TN Building.Schedule Your Appointment
Wednesday, August 8th – 8-3:30 pm
Thursday, August 9th – 8-3:30 pm
Tuesday, August 14th – 8-3:30 pm
Tuesday, August 28th – 8-4:30 pm
Wednesday, August 29th – 8-4:30
Parking out front. When you walk in veer to the left. We are in the banquet room. Time this location right and one could easily enjoy lunch or happy hour!
HEADSHOT FOR CHESAPEAKE'S WESTSCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
Dress for Success
What to Wear – Everyone
- Wear clothes that are comfortable and that make you look great
- Make sure your jacket and shirt fit you well. A poor fitting jacket or shirt will be obvious in the photos (especially around the neck)
- Turtlenecks are almost always a bad idea (since they crowd the face)
- Clothes should be neatly pressed.
- Avoid busy patterns and large lines/stripes
- Blue/green/turquoise shirts/blouses or accents can help emphasize blue/green/hazel eyes
What to Wear – Men
- The standard business look is a suit jacket, dress shirt and tie
- If these are going on your website think about your color choice. Blues? Greys?
- Due to this weather arrive early a few minutes early to cool down a bit.
Arrive a few minutes early. This is a 10 minute appointment.
What to Wear – Women
- Avoid big prints and busy patterns
- Think about the neckline, it will influence the apparent shape of your face
- For a no-jacket casual look, wear a colored blouse – ideally darker than your skin tone
- Be stylish and fashionable, but remember the picture is about your face and not your clothes or jewelry
- A white shirt/blouse/sweater by itself is a bad idea – it draws attention away from the face. Better to wear white under a jacket or sweater
Remember: Select and wear clothes that make you feel comfortable.
- Keep jewelry extremely simple – small is better
- Avoid jewelry that would distract from your face or that looks dated
Hair and Makeup Tips
- Make-up should be clean and natural
- Wear a good layer of translucent powder – your face will appear flawless in photos. Shine disappears, pores seem smaller, skin looks even, and blush is smoother.
- Line lips before applying matte lipstick, then reline. Don’t overdo it.
- Avoid shimmers or products with lots of sparkle or shine
- Avoid frosts or overly-bright colors
Questions & Answers
Question: How does this work?
Arrive a few minutes early. Check out your hair, cool down, freashen makeup. It will take about 5 minutes to photograph you. 10 minutes or so for you to select your favorite image. If you have any photoshop request I will make note of those. You will be with us for less than 20 minutes. You image will go to KBA for their Online Pictorial Register and you will be emailed your image for you to use for your website, LinkedIn, and Social Media.